How to Start WordPress Blog step by step
Do you want to start a WordPress blog? or Have you blog? If so – you’re in the right place. On this put up I wish to stroll you thru the fundamentals of the right way to begin a blog, and whereas I do, I want to reply among the primary technical questions that many pre-bloggers must reply to get their first blog up and working.
There are a lot of causes to begin a blog, however the problem that faces all aspiring bloggers (together with me again in 2015) is: the right way to begin a blog?
4 Easy Steps
There are a 4 simple steps that you will need to complete to start your blog:
- Choose your blogging platform
- Secure a domain name and get hosting in place with Bluehost
- Setup and Design your blog
- Create your first Post on your blog
Under I’ll stroll you through how I’d strategy every step if I were to start out a blog and recommend additional reading that might be useful on different necessary questions like: selecting a niche, discovering readers on your blog, building community with your blog, and thinking about how you can earn more than six digit from it, etc.
My hope is that this step-by-step beginning information will show you how to to start out your first blog.
Step 1: Select a Blogging Platform
To begin a blog you’ll want to choose a running a blog platform – or a tool that lets you get your content material up onto the net.
There are a lot of running a blog platforms accessible however in my thoughts the selection is obvious and easy. I might arrange right away on a WordPress.org website, and I extremely suggest you do too.
WordPress is the most popular blogging platform and for good reason –
- It’s free to make use of (although you do have to make a small funding in a site and a server – extra on that below).
- It’s easy to Maintain.
- It has been round for many years and is a robust and safe system (although you do have to maintain it up-to-date to keep up safety).
- It has an entire industry of tool providers, designers and builders round it that may make it easier to to customize your blog in many ways.
WordPress provide two tools:
- WordPress.com – the place they host your blog, look after the again finish, and offer you access to have it on their own domain. It’s free to start out however, you pay to improve totally different components of it.
- WordPress.org – the place you’ve full control and host the blog by yourself server, your personal domain and have full control over how it looks, operates and how one can monetise it. It’s fully free to make use of however that you must prepare your personal internet hosting, domain etc.
Step 2: Select a Domain name and blog hosting
- The search engine optimization perspective – selecting a domain with good keywords will help your website rank higher in Google
- The Human perspective – readability of your domain, the benefit of it to say and keep in mind, and many others
- The Brand perspective – uniqueness, what the domain says about you
- The Authorized perspective – copyright and trademark elements
Start Your Blog Hosting with Bluehost
WordPress has been recommending Bluehost for blog hosting since 2005. With 1-click WordPress set up, 24/7 help, and a brilliant inexpensive charge, Bluehost is a superb choice for building your first site or blog.
Maybe the only technique to get your domain is to take action with the identical place that you just get your blog hosted. My recommendation for a very good place to begin is BlueHost.
Super Offer for Blogology Readers: As I write this article, BlueHost have an offer exclusive to Blogology readers to get set up for only $2.95 USD/month (including a domain name and with SSL). This is a 65% saving.
Step 3: Setup and design your blog
Setup your blog
For those who’ve gone with Bluehost as your domain and web hosting provider, putting in WordPress is super easy. Actually Bluehost have created a easy video to indicate you precisely easy methods to do it:
When you’ve accomplished this course of, you now have a WordPress weblog put in! You started a blog! Congratulations – you’re almost there!
When you’ve got any trouble during this process, they’ve a online support chat assist system which lets you ask questions of their team.
Note: different hosts together with inmotion have related easy set up techniques for WordPress however if you happen to run into trouble WordPress have an installing WordPress page too here.
Luckily the workforce at BlueHost have put collectively an important collection of tutorials that may allow you to with becoming used to WordPress and in addition setting issues as much as make your blog look and function excellent.
Right here’s video that introduces you to what you’re in your WordPress dashboard.
One of the most Amazing things in WordPress is that it allows user to install and use plugins to get extra functionalities on your blog or website. You might want to save this one to watch later but it will help with making your blog more feature rich.
Design your blog
The wordpress first look not very appealing to most people.
Customizing the appear and feel of your blog is by far probably the most exciting and rewarding half within the journey of making your WordPress website.
There are millions of pre-made WordPress themes which you can set up in your website with best wordpress blog themes 2018.
We have a video that shows you the fundamentals of setting up and selecting a design theme however can I echo the recommendation within the video about investing in a premium theme’ in your weblog.
If you’re looking for a very easy resolution, take a look at the new Fiverr.com, Fiverr is place where different type of freelancer available for building and designing your website. all-in-one WordPress web site builder that will provide you with ready blog or website.
Step 4: Create your first post for your blog
To write your first post for your blog, click on add new on left side bar menu in your WordPress dashboard.
You will see an editor area where you can write your first blog post.
Once you’re done your post, go ahead and click on the Publish button on the right side bar to publish your first blog post to the world.
On the posts display screen, you’ll discover a number of different sections such as Classes and Tags. You need to use these to arrange your blog posts. Now we have an excellent writeup on the distinction between categories vs tags, which we extremely recommend that you simply learn.
To make the most of all of the options on the posts display screen, you need to learn our article on how to add a new post in WordPress (video included).
Usually learners are confused between posts and pages menu within the WordPress dashboard. That’s why we’ve written an entire information on the difference between posts vs pages in WordPress.
Have you Started a weblog?
If you’ve used this information to begin a blog I’d love to listen to from you in feedback below. Be happy to tell us what weblog you began and the way you discovered utilizing this information together with how we might enhance it to make the processing of getting began simpler.